TheDivide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Suddenly, a new topic started by- Otheleo?! Who the fu-?
Sorcerer Guide EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 am by Jezebel~

» The End of the World
Sorcerer Guide EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 pm by Brainrot

» Life in the guild
Sorcerer Guide EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 am by Baalorn

» Youtube videos
Sorcerer Guide EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm by Brainrot

» NEW 3-X
Sorcerer Guide EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 pm by Baalorn

» Well damn..
Sorcerer Guide EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am by Brainrot

» Rare Pets by Kai
Sorcerer Guide EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 pm by Jezebel~

» WB Bite Combo
Sorcerer Guide EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am by Brainrot

» Well.. it might end here
Sorcerer Guide EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 am by Camzo/Eeye

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sorcerer Guide

2 posters

Go down

Sorcerer Guide Empty Sorcerer Guide

Post  Jazzey Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Taken from PW-INT forums

Sorcerer build is the same as MG build: mostly pure-INT, since the Sorcerer's main role is as a DD (damage dealer), or hybrid INT-CON, or light armor. Its equipment is largely the same as well, but Sorcerors use sphere/ball-things (I forget the name) instead of magic swords, quoits, etc.

KEY/LEGEND:
*** : 1st Priority.
** : 2nd Priority.
~ : Level how you see fit, currently not many opinions on the skill.
[nothing] : Do Not Level.

Skills

*** Water Blast : This will be one of your most used skills. I highly suggest leveling it to level 10, as you don't have many single target attacks. The damage continues to be worth it as time goes by, as well.

*** Spirit Burn : Another of your single target spells, this will work well in succession to Water Blast, because of the cooldown/casting times. Leveling it to 10 is suggested.

*** Black Magic : A vital spell in dealing damage and everyday grinding, as it can make your kill come that much quicker. And we all love quick kills, no? Leveling it to 10 is my suggestion, as it will increase your attack by 22, and reduce your defense by 11, so a 22% increase in attack power.

** White Magic: This is questionable. While it increases your defense astonishingly at level 10, your attack capabilities are stolen from you. I see this skill as something you would cast if you were under attack from several angles, and need a moment to cast a buff or heal. While I have maxed it, I'm not sure I'd suggest it unless you have leftover SP.

** Torrent Strike : A purely DoT spell, this will deal no damage upon the initial cast. However, our DoTs seem a bit stronger than other classes' in my opinion, and so they may serve useful against Elite Mobs, or drawn out fights. I personally haven't moved it from level 1, but I'll be testing out the effects soon.

** Sand Slide: Another purely DoT spell, it will deal no damage upon casting, and has a slightly longer channeling time than Torrent. Another skill that I'll be looking into, but for now have no recommendations on whether or not to level it.

Vengeful Shield : Do not level this. The only things that will increase are the amount of mana it costs to cast, and the range you can cast it on others from.

Vengeful Shock : Another skill you should not be leveling. Nothing good will change.

Vengeful Seal : This is getting tiresome. Don't level it. At this point, it's useless. The percentage of silence actually taking effect is similar to that of a weapon proc.

Vengeful Mirage : Again, don't level it. In fact, don't level the 'Vengeful' spells until the Holy/Dark information is released. At that time we'll know what's worth leveling and vice-versa.

Vengeful Reaves : Ah.... Lots of conversation on this one. Not on whether to level it, but it's PvP effects. In PVE, the damage per attack against you is really only useful against something with physical attacks, even though it works on all. In PvP, the damage is outstanding against the right enemies. At level 1, it is 5.3 second duration, and level 10 will is 8 seconds. I'd really only recommend leveling this if you do PvP. It works well in PvE as well, but this is just my opinion.

~ Soul Drain : Grants a stupefy effect, increasing the amount of time the enemy channels spells. In PvE, it won't make a stunning difference, but if placed appropriately on a MG... Well, you understand.

*** Avalanche : Our knock-back. Before I say anything, I'll say this. Max it. It's a single target knock-back, and the range INCREASES. 18 Meters being the Level 10 knock-back distance, and having to cast it from 10 meters, it knocks the enemy back to the maximum reach of your spells.

** Air Bomb : Close range AoE spell, which honestly reminded me of a nuke going off. Anyway, it's quite strong if you're surrounded, or simply if the enemy gets too close. I wouldn't advise using it in everyday grinding, though, because it could easily be substituted for a Avalanche.

~ Desert Storm : An AoE casting spell, with not bad channeling/casting time. I've found good use in it during dungeons, while a WB is tanking a few enemies at once. Currently, I don't have any opinions on it, but I'd say level it depending on how frequently you actually use it.

~ Ice Shock : Another AoE spell, you get early on alongside Desert Storm. While I appreciate the freezing effect, should it fail, you're stuck shooting a beam of ice at the enemy while the enemy closes in on you. At level 10 it becomes more often to freeze than not, but before that, it can decide whether or not you take damage in a fight.

** Blossom of Life : Very useful skill. Increasing the healing effect of potions, skills, and reducing the cooldown of HP hieros. The description of this spell is tricky, and can be easily misinterpreted (I misinterpreted it at first). This will increase the target's ability to be healed, in a sense. That means EP's Spells will be more effective, and potions will yield better results. I haven't much opinion on how to level this skill just yet.

** Imprisonment : I'd assume this is a useful skill in PvP, although I personally don't do PvP. PvE, it's virtually useless, boss or otherwise. I'll wait for input before I mention anything about leveling or leaving this skill.

*** Gaia's Lullaby : An amazing spell, your One-Vigor level 59 skill. Level 1 has a 76% Chance to stun for 3.3 seconds. Easily enough time to get close and use a Avalanche to bring the fight back into your hands. PvP wise, it's another stun to add on to Vengeful Shock, in case you're feeling like stun-locking or simply getting time to cast another spell.

*** Tidal Wave : Another outstanding spell, your Two-Vigor level 59 skill. Level 1 has a 53% Chance to cause bleeding. But not your average bleed. Soulforce-related bleed. Over 9 seconds, so each tick is stronger than your average bleed. While it may take a while, it seems to be a skill you should max when possible.

** Sorceror's Will : A self purify, the translation is mistaken. Costing a vigor, it will remove any negative status effects, excluding stun ( Can't cast while you're stunned, heh. ), and give you resistance to Physical damage for a time, level 1 being 5.3 seconds.

*** Nightide Mastery : This could probably compare to a Mage's Essential Sutra, I think. Basically, it's a combination of a weakened vigor and a delayed Sutra. Increases your magic attack by 55% for 12 seconds, and 6 seconds in, your channeling time is drastically reduced.

** Aquatic Morph : At this point, absolutely useless for Sorcerors. If you're traveling by water, I suppose it's better than nothing, but it's honestly a waste of SP.

~ Bubble of Life : Your AoE Whisht, basically. Healing all allies within a 5 meter radius, it's a decently strong heal, similar to Cold Dew. The range for healing is very small however, so using it in a party can be difficult. With the 30 second cooldown, don't expect too much. Level at your own pace, as there will never be a time where it can't fully heal you, you squishy Sorceror, you.

** Water Element Mastery : Your basic 'mastery' skill. At level 10, it will give a 20% increase in damage to all water spells.

** Earth Element Mastery: Your other 'mastery' skill. At level 10, it will give a 20% increase in damage to all earth spells.

_______

PVE Questing/Grinding

In other words, everyday combat. The skills you'll be using for most of your time as a Sorcerer are Water Blast and Spirit Burn. They're single target, so you don't have to worry about drawing the attention of nearby enemies, and the damage is good enough to keep you from getting hit, if you start from a good distance. There ARE other skills you can use; however those two will be the most active. Another skill I highly suggest you keep activated is Black Magic, as it may make the difference between 4 spells to kill the enemy, and 5.

Melee Enemies

You're given many options to fight these, because they take a good bit of time to reach you. Water Blast will slow them down, giving you more time to attack. Spirit Burn works well alongside Water Blast as I said before, so for Physical Melee enemies, you really only need to use these two. You do have options though, for if they have increased movement speed.

Regular Enemy: Water Blast > Spirit Burn> Water Blast > Spirit Burn

Increased Movement Speed: Water Blast > Avalanche > Spirit Burn> Water Blast

Ranged Enemies

Ranged enemies are a bit more difficult. Most of the time, unless you've unlocked the level 59 Skills, you will suffer at least one hit from Rangers. If you're capable of casting Earth Vector, you'll be able to stun the enemy, and follow up with any other skill, either knock-back with Avalanche, or finish the enemy with a quickly casted spell.

Regular Enemy:(If you're over 59) Water Blast > Spirit Burn> Gaia's Lullaby > However you choose to finish the enemy.
Regular Enemy:(If you're under 59) Water Blast > Spirit Burn> Water Blast > Spirit Burn

Increased Movement Speed:(If you're over 59, I suggest sneaking up behind the enemy first.) Avalanche > Water Blast > Gaia's Lullaby > Spirit Burn
Increased Movement Speed:(If you're under 59, with 5000+ Soulforce) *Vengeful Shock > Water Blast > Avalanche > Spirit Burn> Water Blast

Anytime below 59, there aren't many ways to avoid getting hit by rangers. However, if you succeed in slowing the enemy with Water Blast, you can make an attempt at kiting the enemy. Otherwise, there isn't much you can do but take the hit. Once you hit 59 however, being touched will be a thing of the past, with the right combinations.

Magical Enemies

If you're grinding, these are the types of enemies you should try to fight. They have slightly lower HP than other enemies your level, and even though they don't have to get right next to you, they have to channel. Because of that, even simple combos with Water Blast/Spirit Burn will take them down before they can begin channeling. The other option you're given, is to move in close on the enemy, after using a slowing spell, and hit them with Avalanche. Avalanche has a channel-cancel effect, so the enemy will be knocked back, and have to reattempt getting close to you to channel their spell.

Regular Enemy: Water Blast > Spirit Burn> Water Blast > Spirit Burn
Regular Enemy: Water Blast > Avalanche > Water Blast > Spirit Burn

Increased Movement Speed: Water Blast > Avalanche > Water Blast > Spirit Burn

[ http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php ]
Jazzey
Jazzey

Back to top Go down

Sorcerer Guide Empty Re: Sorcerer Guide

Post  Tequila Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

Question: Does that Ball thingy give Sorcerers additional power or something? Why so special? i'm sure if they are INt they can use the normal Magic eq and all right?
Tequila
Tequila

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzey Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Tequila wrote:Question: Does that Ball thingy give Sorcerers additional power or something? Why so special? i'm sure if they are INt they can use the normal Magic eq and all right?
Yes, Sorcerers are INT, but their spells require using the Spheres as weapons. They will be unable to cast their spells using a magic sword, quoit, wand, etc.
Jazzey
Jazzey

Back to top Go down

Post  Tequila Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 am

Jazzey wrote:
Tequila wrote:Question: Does that Ball thingy give Sorcerers additional power or something? Why so special? i'm sure if they are INt they can use the normal Magic eq and all right?
Yes, Sorcerers are INT, but their spells require using the Spheres as weapons. They will be unable to cast their spells using a magic sword, quoit, wand, etc.

Ooooooo Sodeska....Sorcerer Guide 992839 Thanks Jazzy!
Tequila
Tequila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down