TheDivide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Suddenly, a new topic started by- Otheleo?! Who the fu-?
EP EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 am by Jezebel~

» The End of the World
EP EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 pm by Brainrot

» Life in the guild
EP EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 am by Baalorn

» Youtube videos
EP EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm by Brainrot

» NEW 3-X
EP EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 pm by Baalorn

» Well damn..
EP EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am by Brainrot

» Rare Pets by Kai
EP EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 pm by Jezebel~

» WB Bite Combo
EP EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am by Brainrot

» Well.. it might end here
EP EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 am by Camzo/Eeye

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

EP

5 posters

Go down

EP Empty EP

Post  Jezebel~ Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Here's some information and a chart I found on another website that I found quite helpful:

An Overview of Stats
In PW there is a total of 4 stats, strength, dexterity, constitution and intelligence.

Strength
- increase attack power for melee weapon
- increase physical defense

Dexterity
- increase attack power for range weapon
- increase dodge
- increase accuracy
- increase critical rating (NOTE: every 20 dex give you 1% more critical rating)

Constitution
- increase physical defense
- increase magical defense
- increase hp
- increase hp regeneration rate (NOTE: hp regeneration is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

Intelligence
- increase magical attack power
- increase magical defense
- increase maximum mana
- increase mana regeneration rate (NOTE: Mana regeneration is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

NOTE: There is no stats that increase attack speed/movement speed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Build

Though there are tons of different build for a character, they are mainly classified into 3 areas - Damage Type, Tanking Type and Hybrid Type.

* Damage Type *
o INT STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor and rest of stats into intelligence. Leave your con and dex at 5.

This style of priest is sort of a mimic of mage. It has extremely high nuking power. It's main weakness is hp and low def. Hence int priest works better in party as compared to soloing. If a party is not present, such priest can always turn towards kiting for solo. But in PvP, players are not dumb enuff to aim the tanker instead of a INT Priest which can be killed in 2 to 3 hits. Hence you will require equipment that adds hp (unless you are such a hardcore fan of nuking power, than go for more nuking power for ur equipment) to offset ur weakness.

PROS: High nuking power and healing power.
CONS: Low hp

* Tank Type *
o CON INT STR Priest - pump your strength and intelligence according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, rest of points into constitution. leave your dex at 5.

This type of priest has the highest tanking power but at the same time has the lowest nuking/healing power. But the tanking capability is only limited to magical skill since your physical def is still extremely low, it is highly recommended to use light armor instead of magical armor for this build if archer is more common than warrior. But please note that magical armor give you bonus to moving speed (20% if not wrong) which can prove to be really effective when running from mage/warrior/beast/fox (but has no effect against archer since they run... real fast it also has no effect on a warrior that activated his sprint skill and start dashing to u like some insane guy).

PROS: High hp pool and higher physical def
CONS: low nuking power and healing power

* Hybrid Type - Recommended Build *
o INT CON STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, pump your intelligence according to the minimum requirement for magical weapon, rest of points into constitution. Leave your dex at 5.

This build grants the priest about 30 to 40% more hp pool as compared to a INT Priest. But it also cause priest to lose about 20% nuking/healing power. But in a guild fight or PvP what is important is not ur nuking or healing power, it is to survive as long as possible and aid in the combat.

PROS and CONS: it has no pros and no cons since it is a hybrid.

Out of the 3 builds, i strongly recommend the hybrid build. Reason is simply because damage is reduced by 75% when in PvP hence having a pure dmg build isn't really that wise. Considering the 2nd fact that most priest main job is not to kill in a PvP/guild war which thus reduce the advantage for having a pure dmg build.

The chart below is for the hybrid type I recommended - right click on the chart to see the entire thing:
EP PriestStats-1

**Pay attention though, at lvl 91 the numbers get a little wonky so you need to make adjustments according to the later level numbers.

I followed the hybrid build for Jez and have been really happy with it. She's able to withstand a lot from mobs and bosses and still has strong heals. I acquired Luna as a pure int build EP and I hated it, so I restatted her to hybrid. As a pure int EP she was taking way too much damage and I didn't see any advantages to keeping her as a pure int EP.

As far as equipment: you can either put hp or phys def stones in armor. I prefer pdef stones. As you refine your armor you'll get more hp from that and if you use pdef stones you get the best of both worlds.
Magic attack stones are good for wep
Use physical defense jewelry since EP's tend to have low pdef - this will help a lot with physical mobs and in duels against physical classes

Skills (these are my personal opinions, obviously opinions of others will be different):
Don't bother leveling pure heart past lvl 1. Once you have whisht and sapience you don't need to ever use pure heart again. Pure heart is a good heal but casting time is way too slow and people can die while you're trying to cast it.

You can make a heal combo of sapience/whisht that can be really helpful if you need to go afk for a min and have only one person you need to be worried about healing. But don't be lazy and only use this combo for healing! If you're healing primarily just the tank, keep using whisht on them because it stacks and continues healing them while casting. My heal logic is: use sapience for a quick hit if the tank's hp drops too low, then keep using whisht so it builds back up and keeps healing them.

Party heal is great if 2 or 3 or even more in the pt are taking damage at the same time. If only one person is taking damage, use whisht instead. I've been in tons of pts where the EP (or 2nd EP) uses only party heal... it's annoying Razz

Blueball (bb)is an awesome thing to use to reduce the damage pt members receive and give some healing at the same time. AOE will usually cancel bb so if you're not sure bb will stay up, don't go afk in bb! Also if you're not sure, be ready for it to go down and to respond accordingly. But like pt heal, don't be lazy and just use bb, sometimes it's overkill if only one or two people need heals. Learn to evaluate the situation and decide what heal(s) make most sense to use, depending on where you are, what you're fighting, and who's in pt. If I'm in pt with a couple EAs who keep stealing agro from a WR, I'll put up bb so they don't all die and me along with them because I can't heal them all fast enough.

River of rejuvenation: I don't use this skill a lot, sometimes I don't feel it's needed and it uses more mp than the other heals so I try to use what makes the most sense. If the tank's hp drops far you can use this skill to recover a lot of hp but it is a bit slower to cast so if you lag a lot or aren't paying enough attention they can still die before you use this. It gives a nice big heal though. For myself, I feel sapience and whisht almost always do the trick. With high lvl WB's with a TON of hp this is almost always what you'll need to use... something like 22k takes a lot longer to heal with just sapience/whisht EP 425905

Skill bug: Whenever you party buff over existing party buffs, the magic defense buff will no longer last for an hour - so try to avoid doing this. When you do have to re-party buff over existing buffs, keep an eye on that buff on people so you can re-buff JUST THAT SKILL when it runs out early.

Misc stuff:
Make or buy speed pots. Sometimes the party wants to run through mobs, EP's have a harder time because we're slow and because we don't have great pdef. Speed pots will help you make it through alive. Also put Deity's Promenade on your fairy so you can use it for a speed boost, since speed pots have a cooldown time.

Make or buy vigor pots. These can be a big help if your bb goes down and you need to get it back up fast. These are useful but optional until you start SM (success mode) or GV (Godless Valley). In those situations it's required - pt will be very upset with you if you can't get bb up again fast, it can cause a pt wipe and a complete failure of the SM or GV run.

Always carry a couple res scrolls when you go to HH, fb's, GV, etc. EP's can die in the blink of an eye and you need to be able to get back up again fast or the whole pt can die. If you do SM and die, you'd better have a scroll because if you go out YOU will fail it while everyone else may not (if you're too slow going out and back inside everyone will fail it because remember, SM is timed. Too slow and nobody gets a reward).

Your fairy: I mentioned Deity's Promenade earlier, also put Rainbow Blessing on your fairy - it's a nice little random buff you can toss onto someone even when you're in bb. It gives increased attack for a few secs or increased crit rate, or sometimes does nothing. I usually try to put it on whoever in pt I think does the most damage, unless I'm focused on healing the tank, then I'll just use it on them. There are other nice fairy skills but these are the 2 I use the most on my EP's.

Last edited by Jezebel~ on Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jezebel~
Jezebel~

Back to top Go down

EP Empty Re: EP

Post  maryhinge Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

I have gone Int 4, Con 1 for each lvl, and Str just enough to be able to use some weps. I can die easily but since I got -casting on some eq can heal myself pretty quick, and others Smile

Am happy with my build .. but have never done really tough stuff yet Crying or Very sad

Will keep you posted!

PS. I always carry a HP Hiero or would have died more times than I can count!
maryhinge
maryhinge

Back to top Go down

Post  Tequila Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 am

Or you can be stupid like my brother's EP and go for a Light build (1 agi, 1 stg, 3 int) which means he's (wat he calls anyways) a Battle EP.

He can hold his own to heal and do all the EP stuff in HH and FBs and all provided there's no lag but with HP at only 1300 and MP at 5500 pre buff, he has to pot a lot. The good thing is at Level 70, he has 6% crits and can kill most things pretty fast. he also goes with all the offensive heiro spells which most EP neglect to he assists a lot like a WF in HH bosses if there's another EP to do the main healing... which surprisingly is quite effective especially the "Reduce Magic Def Heiro" thingy... Quite deadly in TW when he casts sleep on everyone and reduces their defence to make a very very easy kill... Even with EP healing the cata, its quite easy work with him there... provided he is alive... hahahaha... which he dies alot... hahahaha... because he's Noob....

Light armour build with either HH or Mold armour which means he gets awesome Mg and Phy def at 3k Phy def and 6k Mg def even at a level 70. But the main problem is his HP which I suspect he will ss it very soon after he reaches 80.

Not sure I will recomend this build since when I played with it, I find that the attacks are more weak then normal EP (this is speculative since I don't have any other EP for comparison) and I think the heals are weaker then Pure Int Build EPs. But He crits a lot... and I think that helps a lot when each crit is about 15k-20k that comes decently frequent.

I notice I talk a lot for someone who doesn't know much about EP....
Hmmmmm....
Tequila
Tequila

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezebel~ Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:14 pm

There's nothing wrong with posting your observations based on how he plays, it's all info. that may help someone else Smile
Jezebel~
Jezebel~

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalorn Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Jezebel~ wrote: it's all info. that may help someone else Smile

well on that note-heavy eq eps fail-n yes i did make one Laughing
Baalorn
Baalorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Pretty much copying Jez's layout thing xD
I wrote this at 2:30AM so pardon me if I don't make sense. xD
Edit: I can't believe I seriously typed all of this.......

My EP is also a hybrid, 185 con and 374 int with eq, min str for armor and 3 agi. After hitting level 80 I stopped putting in con and started putting all of my stats into int (and str when necessary). I haven't tried pure int though. Pure int EP's at my level usually have a little bit more MP then I do, however, their HP is incredibly low in comparison to mine. Most people have told me that hybrid is more for pvp, since it requires more HP. Pure int is probably best for total support because with low HP they'd get owned pretty easily.

As far as equipment: As far as stones go, I use both pdef and HP stones. I use pdef stones in my top, bottom, shoes and wrist. HP stones go in my hat and cloak. I use HP stones even though I'm hybrid because I have crap refines. If you have decent refines, I would suggest going for all pdef stones. I also use matk stones in my weapon. Adorns and neck, go for pdef. The HH80 ones work well, and once you are level 90+ the best options would be the gold HH90 HugePower Necklace and the Ethereal Waist Adorn. Honestly for the hat, I don't know. The green HH80 hat works well, however the hat with -3% casting (LunaSand Circlet?) is what I see most EP's wearing. Weapon and rings are all up to you. CV/DQ rings are good choices because of the -6% casting.

Heals (these are my personal opinions, obviously opinions of others will be different):
Pure heart: Don't even bother leveling it. And please, please, please, do not use it.

The best healing combo is definitely a whist heart -> sapience heal combo. It saves mana, you only have to click one button, and works well. You can add purify in as well and you won't run out of vigor. Max all three of these skills (whisht, saps, puri).

Party heal (Chromatic Healing Beam): I agree with Jez. If more then one person is getting hit bad, then use it. The slow casting is annoying and can lead to death if you don't time it and use it correctly. It's also useful for bosses that have those aoe's like the nix in FW. If someone's HP drops dramatically, use sapience or river (if you think you have the time). Max if rich.

BB (Extremity Recovery Array): From my own experience, I used it a lot more when I was a lower level then I do now. Usually this happens when you're in pt's were everyone is a DD and their health drops. If pt heal isn't good enough (by level 10 it should be) or if they're taking too much dmg, use BB. Normally I don't BB unless told to do so. Of course EP's are supposed to BB in things like GV and SM, which makes our jobs sort of easy... but if you're a hell EP like me... SM is a heart attack because I never know if I will have enough vigor LOL. Anyways, like Jez said, don't afk with BB. It should stay up with level 80 and 90 pots, but a hiero would be the best choice.

River of Rejuvenation: This is my heart attack heal. If the tank's HP drops really low, hopefully they'd use that dmg absorbing skill (if they're a wb), or you can use Absolute Territory if you have it. I also use this in TW when the WB is at like 51% HP and no one is attacking them lol. I personally use this skill quite often. But that might be because of my lacking of EP skills. XD Max if rich.

RB (Heavens Array): Nice skill but not used very often. I only RB when told to.

Buffs: Max as soon as possible and get those party buffs.

Res: Max as soon as possible if you like helping people and don't like getting yelled at. If you're like me, and don't like unappreciative people, don't make this a priority. I maxed this after my self-serving skills were maxed. I'm a selfish EP. xD

Attacks
Plume quill: My weakest main attack, because I'm a hell EP. It's the fastest attack though, because dark plume quill has -casting and -cooldown. This skill is the most useful if pvping against robe users. Max as soon as possible.

Great Cyclone: My second strongest main attack. Hell effect adds 800 dmg. Good to use against heavy and light armor users. Good for WR's and WB's too because of the slowdown. Max as soon as possible.

Thunder Wield: Strongest main attack, but also the slowest. Hell effect reduces enemy's metal defense by 30% for 10 seconds. Good against heavy and light armor users. Use great cyclone or galactic storm after (if you have the dark version). Max after important heals and attacks are maxed.

Thunder Sphere: I only use if all my other skills are cooling down during pvp. No need to max unless you have nothing better to max.

Feather Razors and Hurricane Blast: I never use these lol.

Debuffs: Max after everything else if maxed. Not very important unless you pvp. If used, puri yourself after. Best if used after sleep.

Sleep and para: I use these for both pvp and pve. For pvp it's self explanatory, for pve, if two or more mobs are hitting me, I usually sleep one. Max if you're into pvp or once everything else is maxed.

Galactic storm: Strongest attack of course. Nice if used like this in pvp: Sleep -> mdef debuff -> burst -> vig pot -> dark-thunder wield -> galactic. If no dark-thunder wield then just use galactic. Max after everything else if maxed (it's expensive).

Skill bug: Whenever you party buff over existing party buffs, the magic defense buff will no longer last for an hour - so try to avoid doing this. When you do have to re-party buff over existing buffs, keep an eye on that buff on people so you can re-buff JUST THAT SKILL when it runs out early. (This is a pain in the ass.)

Misc stuff:
Speed pots: I don't use them very often except in SM if Deity's Promenade is cooling down and I have enough vigor and I'm falling behind. I normally just use Deity's,, and my fairy has enough MP to use it twice back-to-back which is normally enough for me to stay with the party. It's always a good idea to keep speed pots handy though, because you never know @__@.

Vig pots: Yes yes yes omg. Especially if you're a Hell EP. Vigor is the one reason I wish I chose Holy, because wow it's hard to get. I always carry 30+ vig pots on me for TW and SM. I've honestly never done GV so idk how often BB goes down. I also have the genie skill Spiritualism Explodes, which gives you vigor. However, use this with care, and time it well. If not, in SM, you might not be able to keep up with your party (unless you have speed pots).

Res scrolls: I normally carry 3 or so. Sometimes you'll meet a nice person in pt who give you one, but chances are you're on your own. Always carry at least 1 in case something happens, but I would definitely suggest carrying a few extra.

Your fairy: The skills that I use for my fairy include Deity's Promenade, Spiritualism Explodes, and Absolute Territory. I also have Rainbow Blessing but I usually forget to use it... Absolute Territory is useful in many things. It causes you and your party members to be immune to any dmg for a certain amount of time (depends on the level, I think level 10 is 4 seconds). This skill is incredibly useful for the 3-3 SOM boss.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

EP's and TW

So I've one TW with my EP a couple of times, and I know you guys are interested in doing TW sometime in the future, so here are some tips for EP's.

• Both hieros are a necessity. You need an HP one or else you will drop like a fly every time you go out. You need an MP one so you can plume barrier, or else you'll still drop like a fly every time you go out. I don't use a lot of hiero in TW. I've used the same hiero for two TW's already, going into my third TW with the same hieros. xD

• EA's and nix's are your worst enemy. If you can, sleep them, and get out of there as fast as you can cuz you're gonna die. Lol. EA's are told to aim for EP's first. So always be alert and have enough vigor to plume barrier. Of course if you have 5+ people hitting you... your mana will die fast, and so will you. Lol.

• Sleep and paralyze WB's when you can because they just CHARGE right past everyone and they do not go down easily. They're pretty dang fast too. Paralyze is a better choice because chances are, DD's are hitting that cata WB, which means sleep will be pointless.

• Heal and attack works well for me. If I see one of my party members getting hit, I will spam whisht a couple times, and then assist and attack. Most people are too focused on the person you're helping to notice you (unless it's an EA lol) I mainly attack WR's, EA's and WB's. A good combo would be cyclone -> thunder wield -> cyclone -> sphere or plume. If you have dark thunder wield it'll work much better because of the decrease in metal def.

• Try and help heal the other EP's if you can, especially if they're a cata EP. If you see an EP getting GB'd, sleep one of the people hitting them, use a river, and get out, because those DD's aren't blind. Hopefully that EP can hold on their own long enough to be able to live with your heals. EP's gotta stick together. Razz
    Also if your party members are doing good (or if they're all dead at base), and you see people getting hit around you and their EP isn't around, heal them, then help them kill. Razz

• And lastly, it's up to you to stay in the air or go on the ground. If you're on the ground, stay behind your party, because their WR's will stun large groups, and you don't want to be in that large group, stuned, dragoned and AOE'd to hell. If you stay in the air, be ready to be attacked by EA's and WF's all the time. For one TW, I mainly stayed in the air, and I didn't die much. In the next TW however, I died way too many times in the air and decided to go to the ground, where I died less.

PS: As far as heavy EP's go, my whole guild pretty much thinks they suck, but there is a particular half-heavy half-robe EP in my guild. Most people say heavy EP's have less power, but this EP happens to have a +7 Lunate, so that sure as hell beats me, a robe EP. xD Just saying.

So just pretty much my thoughts after 3years of experience. cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post  Tequila Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 am

Ep can Debuff?
Tequila
Tequila

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:15 am

Well, not like a WF but they can lower enemy's mdef and pdef. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tequila Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 am

Oooooo.....
Now I think I want to start an EP....
Sigh.... wish I won that 5000 cubis from PW.... damn Cubizone... dudn't give me!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Tequila
Tequila

Back to top Go down

Post  sky_blade Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 am

my friends ep/ ep that myself and check have acquired is a heavy armor ep.... yes, it is a bit different and its actually really nice, it have about 7k mag def and 14k phy def when buffed and has 6k hp UNbuffed, so about 8k hp when buffed....

a very defensive ep and very hard to kill in pvp/TW which the reason it was made.

it uses lvl 90 gold hh armor at lvl 101 and can with stand alot of dmg
sky_blade
sky_blade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum